A 100% volunteer-staffed Canadian charity - We need your support CLICK HERE!
Our mission at CanadianHeadstones.com is to capture images and the complete transcription of the headstones of our ancestors.
It is becoming more difficult to read the original gravestone inscriptions with each passing day due to the effects of environmental conditions on headstones. By archiving images of headstones and other monuments at a point in time, we can help preserve these important, information-rich records for those unable to visit a cemetery in person, as well as for future generations of researchers.
A Completely Volunteer-Staffed Canadian Non-Profit Corporation, we are dedicated to capturing digital images and transcriptions of the headstones of our ancestors. Success of this non-profit project depends completely upon the activities of volunteers who contribute to the archive and who operate and maintain this site. We are grateful to Ontario Ancestors who provide hosting services for this website.
- February UpdateThe Updates: Continuing to develop the website to be completely WordPress to give us options within the website and make it easier to manage. We […]
- *NEW* Submission Form UpdateWe would like to share with you that over the course of January we have developed a brand new submission form for submitting headstones to […]
- Missing Records ResolvedFor some reason, a number of records added to the site could not be located by a search under the appropriate Province, but which did […]
- Ancestry Links **Fixed**As of January 1, 2021, the links from the Ancestry website to our database have been repaired. The CanadianHeadstones.com Team Become a CanadianHeadstones Supporting Member! […]
- New Email AddressWe have created a new email to allow you to better communicate with those who are managing the records of CanadianHeadstones.com. Please use firstname.lastname@example.org for […]
- Issues with Safari BrowserWe have been alerted to the fact Safari Browser is having issues with the website. Until we can resolve this issue we would recommend the […]