It has been sometime since we have had an update on the Website and the status of it. We hope that this is the beginning of many updates going forward.
Welcome to the new site of CanadianHeadstones.com, it has a different feel and look but kind of looks the same in a sense. We are developing the site using WordPress as the platform which has many options we would like to take advantage of going forward. From ease of use to developing a system for submissions, we are hoping this system will move the website forward.
So the Updates:
- Moved close to 800,000 images and 1.9 million persons to a new website server – 99% Completed
- Develop a Hybrid type of website, WordPress & HTML to give us options within the website – 99% Completed.
- Develop a user registration system in the new site. 100% Completed
- Resolve the Broken Links within Ancestry.ca for the CH Database. 100% Resolved.
- Update the Public and Users of the website. – This is what we are doing now.
- Create a Blog on the WordPress Site for News and Updates – Ongoing.
- Develop the Database within WordPress to better manage the Database for Errors and Repairs using the WP Data Access Plugin. – Ongoing
- Develop a submission system using WordPress.
- Develop new ideas and opportunities for users.
So, there is were we are at this point. Stay tuned to the website for further updates and changes to the system. We hope that we can continue to serve the Family History community going forward.
The CanadianHeadstones.com Team
Become a CanadianHeadstones Supporting Member!
Contribute $5, $10, $25, $100 or more via PayPal (charitable donation receipts are not issued) or by CanadaHelps.org (Canadian charitable donation receipts ARE issued) and be recognized as a Supporting Member of CanadianHeadstones.com. You will be recognized on our Supporting Member Honour Roll below (unless you request not to be included) as a Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze Supporting Member.