We write this post to keep you up to date with the changes we have been making to improve the technical backend of the website as well as to improve the experience of contributors and users alike. In technical terms this is what you would call a “Change Log”. As always, we encourage your suggestions and new ideas, however they may or may not be applied due to costs involved and availability of human resources to implement them.
Recently the following changes have been implemented:
- Plugin Updated – This has greatly improved the speed for Searching Records.
- Headstone Submission System – We are now Open for Submissions.
- Other Resources Page developed – Will continue to place links and other Cemetery resources within the page. Ideas are welcome.
- Manage Your Entries – Since there is a hold on all records, we have given you the ability to correct any submissions after you have submitted them but before they go live in the database. Find it under Submit Records.
- Submitting a Photo – Is now available with your new Cemetery Submission. Photos can be added to Existing Cemeteries by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Headstone Submission – The Cemetery field(s) have now been alphabetized to make finding the information quicker.
- Headstone Searching – Expanded the Searching Tips, included Transcriptions into the Global Search, provided a Link for Cemetery Information directly from Results Page & developed a “One Page” look for printing.
- Page Titles – Removed all Titles to improve look and remove clutter.
- Clear Button – Now available beside Global Search
Since Opening Submissions, we have added 437 Persons and 223 Headstones!!
We thank you for your continuing support to the only totally non-profit headstone site dedicated exclusively to the digital preservation of Canada’s grave marker heritage.
Your CanadianHeadstones.com Team
Become a CanadianHeadstones Supporting Member!
Contribute $5, $10, $25, $100 or more via PayPal (charitable donation receipts are not issued) or by CanadaHelps.org (Canadian charitable donation receipts ARE issued) and be recognized as a Supporting Member of CanadianHeadstones.com. You will be recognized on our Supporting Member Honour Roll (unless you request not to be included) as a Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze Supporting Member.
|No Charitable Donation Receipt |
Click PayPal Link Below
|Canadian Charity Tax Receipt Issued|
Click CanadaHelps Donation Link Below